Materials and equipment:
Curved scissors Straight nose pliers, Trimmed pliers, Cypripedium orchid cutter (ISA), Non-stick rolling pin for flowers, Balltool, Ribbon for bordeaux flowers, Various Brushes, Silicone mold Orchidea Slipper (ISA), Non-stick mat, Sucker, Mat - flower sponge, Maizena, white vegetable grease, edible colors in powder cake & cake (green vineyard, green leaf, aubergine, bright fuchsia, tea rose, black), piping gel, black cotton thread, edible glue, white rubber paste , wires for white flowers N ° 20, 30 and 33.
1. For the labellum: take wire No.20 shoe and a small ball of white rubber paste.
With the help of the cutting nipper divide the underwire in half and with the flat nose pliers create a small hook on one side of the underwire. Dip the hook into the edible glue and insert it into the ball of rubber paste. With your hands shape the ball giving it a teardrop shape, lightly pulling the dough on the underwire. Allow to dry completely.
2. Take a small amount of white gum paste and with the addition of the "green vine" powder color, obtain a light green paste.
Apply a very thin layer of vegetable fat on the surface of the non-stick mat, spread the dough with a rolling pin. After that, take the white rubber paste and always use a rolling pin to spread it over the green one, obtaining a two-colored paste. The green side will be the inside of the labellum and the white exterior.
3. Cut the labellum with the Cypripedium orchid cutter
put the labellum on the flower-sponge mat previously dusted with the cornstarch and thin it with the ball tool. Then brush the edge of the labellum with glue.
4. Dust the forefinger of your hand with the cornstarch and wrap over the labellum with the green side inside, join and glue the two sides.
5. Put a small amount of edible glue inside the labellum (longer tip), lay the undulated drop inside by closing over the two sides of the labellum. Allow to dry completely.
6. To create the petals and the sepals of the flower, take the special cutter present in the Cypripedium orchid kit.
Spread on the non-stick mat of the white rubber paste and cut out the 2 petals, 2 ventral sepals and a dorsal sepal.
7. Working one at a time, place the petal on the flower sponge mat previously dusted with cornstarch. Insert the white flower ferret dipped into the edible glue inside the petal. For the central petal use the underwire N ° 30 while for the side petals N ° 33. Thin the petals with the ball tool.
8. Take the Orchidea Slipper silicone mold, open it and sprinkle the cornstarch inside it. Put the petal in the concave part of the mold, place it over the convex part, making it fit perfectly and press on the mold. Repeat this step for all the petals and sepals, let it dry.
9. For the external coloring of the labellum, dilute the "aubergine" powder color with pure alcohol (95 °) and with a 10/0 brush draw the veins. Then blend the entire outer surface of the labellum with a mixture of "brilliant fuchsia", "aubergine" and "tea rose" colors, adding the "green vine" color only in the upper external part of the labellum. The inner part should be reviewed with the "green vine" powder color.
10. After coloring the labellum, create the ovary, starting from a small ball of white rubber paste, shape it giving it a conical shape first, then flatten the base. Glue the ovary into the labellum with glue. Once dry, blend with the "green vine" powder color, adding some "aubergine" powder in some places.
11. For the coloring of the petals we use a mixture of "green leaf" and "green vine" powder colors to blend the base on both sides of the petal. We continue the coloring with the mixture of powder colors "fucia brillante", "aubergana" and "rosa tea", fading almost all the rest of the petal, leaving a small white part on the tip. With the 10/0 brush and the "aubergine" powder color diluted with pure alcohol (95 °) mark on the petals the "typical" lines present in the flowers and small dots.
12. Take the piping gel and mix with a black powder color obtaining a very thick consistency, then with a thin brush mark a "punctuation" on the edge of the petals, leave to dry.With the scissors cut out the black cotton thread in small pieces and with the edible glue, apply them on the back of the petal edge.
13. With the burgundy flower ribbon, assemble the flower starting by joining the two petals with the labellum then adding the ventral sepals and finally the dorsal sepal. Color the stem of the flower with the "aubergine" powder color. As a last step, immerse the flower in the "Glaze" to fix the colors.
We thank Anna for using our products, and for showing us how this beautiful Orchid is created.